Thursday, February 17, 2011

ADHD On Campus: How I Got Motivated
Where is the "Motivation Fairy" when I need her?

by Christine Brady

When I was asked to write about how I’ve balanced school and my social life with my attention deficit disorder (ADD ADHD), my first thought was that I had been mistaken for someone who was actually balancing school and a social life successfully.

The reality is that, without correction, I tend to veer off in the direction of social life and let my schoolwork do itself. Then I wonder why I’m always behind.

Motivation to do otherwise is the key to getting my act together. How, though, do I motivate myself to be motivated? Knowing I have talent, vision, and intellect, I wonder why I am inconsistent in my schoolwork, and the answer is obvious. At times, I just don’t care.

Read the rest of the article here.

No comments: