Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Will This Be on the Test?
Sometimes securing academic accommodations for ADHD means forsaking popularity with college professors.
by Christine Brady

My school, like many colleges, has special accommodations for those with attention deficit disorder (ADD ADHD) and other learning differences.

A testing center is set up to provide extended time and other helpful arrangements. More often than not, I would rather take the test with the other students in my class. This, however, may lead to failure, loss of financial aid, probation, disenrollment, and, ultimately, spending my life under a bridge. So I force myself to schedule a time at the testing center to take my tests.

It is not easy to approach a teacher, in high school or college, to ask for accommodations in testing. I, personally, would rather ask them their preference in deodorant.

Read the rest of the article here.

No comments: