Friday, February 18, 2011

Josh Blue pokes fun at his cerebral palsy
By Kristen Herhold
Published Feb. 18, 2011

NBC’s Last Comic Standing winner Josh Blue describes his humor as dry and sarcastic. Like many other successful comedians, he keeps his audiences laughing. But the similarities stop there.

Blue's humor is unique and his struggle with cerebral palsy creates even more unique material.

By satirizing his disease throughout much of his show, he hopes to change people’s views about others with disabilities.

“I think it definitely has given me an edge. I’m not just another goofy white guy,” he said. “I just think it’s so cool to be able to bring a new perspective on disabilities to people, and I hope when you leave my show, you have a different understanding about disabled people.”

Read the rest of the article here.

No comments: