Using the ER when you have epilepsy? You are not alone.
Use of emergency departments by known epileptic patients: An underestimated problem?
- •Epileptic seizures are associated with frequent use of emergency department (ED).
- •Little is known about the specific use by known epileptic patients (KEPs).
- •One year descriptive case series report on KEPs admitted prospectively in ED.
- •Proportion of KEPs using ED is high (9.0%), half of them concerned usual seizures.
- •Data crucial to optimize the KEPs ED care pathway.