Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rapper Lil Wayne discusses his epilepsy

Rapper Lil Wayne tells that his recent seizures are caused by epilepsy which he has had for years.


Lil Wayne wants to set the record straight about his seizures: He has epilepsy.
The rapper called in to radio station Power 106 on Thursday to discuss his new album, "I Am Not a Human Being II," and to address concerns raised when he had a series of seizures two weeks ago. Histrip to the ICU at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, coupled with a lack of info from Camp Weezy and a TMZ story that had him in a medically induced coma, getting his stomach pumped and receiving last rites, had fans worried for his life.
"The bad news is, I'm an epileptic. I'm prone to seizures," he said on the radio. "This isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I've had a bunch of seizures. Y'all just never hear about 'em." 
So why did we hear about it so spectacularly this time?
"This time it got real bad because I had three of them in a row and then after the third one my heart rate went down to, like, 30%. Basically, I could have died. That's why it was so serious."
He said getting to the hospital from his house high in the hills made things a little dicey as well.
"The reason being for the seizures is just plain old stress, no rest and overworking myself," he said, contradicting rumors that blamed the seizures on excessive indulgence in sizzurp, a sort of codeine cocktail. "That's just typical me though."
Lil Wayne didn't directly address any details of the TMZ story, but instead seemed to give the website a pass after all the drama.
"That's what they do," he said. "I can't be upset at that.... I can't get upset at TMZ for doing what they do."
Read more here

No comments: